What's camp without a few water games? It's the perfect way to get outside, cool off a bit, and have fun! Here are a few of our favorites.
Pass the Water
- Grab a few friends and stand in a single file line, front-to-back.
- Place a bucket full of water in front of the first person, and an empty bucket behind the last person. Each person holds an empty plastic cup.
- The first person scoops up water from the bucket, passes it over their head, and without turning around, dumps the water into the person's cup behind them.
- Keep passing the water until the bucket at the end of the line is full!
Good Ole Fashioned Water Balloon Toss
- Blow up a bunch of water balloons and find a partner.
- Toss the balloon back and forth and try not to drop it!
- If your water balloon pops, your team is out.
- Keep playing until you have a water balloon toss champion!
Water Balloon on a Spoon Race
- Gather some friends, a few spoons, and fill up a bunch of water balloons.
- Place an empty bucket a few yards away from your water balloons.
- The goal is to get all the water balloons from one bucket to the other, while balancing the water balloons on the spoon.
- If the water balloon slips off, it will break and you have to start over!
- You can divide up into teams or play on a team all together and try to beat your time.
Drip, Drip, Drop!
This fun game is a lot like duck, duck, goose, but with water!
All you need is a bucket of water, a cup, and friends sitting in a circle.
- The person who is "it" fills up their cup with water, dips their fingers in the water, and sprinkles a bit on each player's head.
- Be sure to say "DRIP" each time.
- Repeat until the person who is "it" spills the rest of the water on a player and says "DROP!"
- That person chases the person who is "it" back to their original spot.
- Whoever is left standing is "it"!
Water Balloon Baseball
- Fill up water balloons and play a fun game of baseball!
- You can even use pool noodles cut in half for bats.
- Get ready to get wet playing this game!
How Far Can You Toss?
- Fill up water balloons and stand in a line facing each other.
- Toss it to your partner and let them toss it to you.
- Then you both take a small step backwards away from each other.
- Keep taking turns tossing the water balloon and taking a step back.
- See who can toss their balloon the farthest without it popping!
Ready for more? Try our water relay race! Instructions here.